- New service designed to enable businesses to enhance workforce productivity and customer service
- The end-to-end StarHub SmartUC service includes team and customer engagement solutions based on the industry-leading Avaya IP OfficeTM Platform and delivered by StarHub SIP Voice and Managed Service
Singapore, 7 May 2015 – Avaya, a leading global provider of solutions that enable customer and team engagement, and StarHub, Singapore’s fully integrated info-communications company, today announced the launch of a new productivity-enhancing business communications service, SmartUC, for businesses in Singapore.
Providing a comprehensive suite of unified communications capabilities, SmartUC will be delivered in two different offerings – a Standard option for small businesses with fewer than 50 users, and a Premium option for companies with over 50 users, which can scale to support upto 2,500 users, allowing for seamless business growth and flexibility. The SmartUC Premium option includes all the capabilities of the Standard version, plus mobile and soft clients for Android, IOS, Windows and MAC and contact center self-service and multimedia capabilities.
Both SmartUC Standard and SmartUC Premium will benefit from StarHub’s SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) Voice to deliver IP telephony services, unified communications solutions and associated collaboration and conferencing capabilities. SmartUC is based on the Avaya IP Office platform, the world’s leading solution for SMBs, with over 480,000 midmarket systems installed around the world. IP Office is designed to truly unify communication, including call handling, messaging, conferencing, presence, IM, and much more. It helps connect businesses with their customers using the methods those customers prefer - including voice, SMS, web chat, video, email, or fax. IP Office also helps people work from anywhere, integrating effortlessly with mobile devices and video solutions on multiple systems and platforms.
The solutions are focused on delivering the convenience and control afforded by a fully integrated, cost-effective team and customer engagement platform. The aim is to help businesses become more productive, deliver a first class experience for their customers, leverage the rapidly evolving technology landscape to differentiate their products and services, and expand their business both within Singapore and internationally.
For small and midsize businesses (SMBs) in particular, having a cost effective and high-performance technology solution can make all the difference in delivering quicker decision making and better business results. The SmartUC solution using Avaya IP Office ticks all the boxes to help Singapore businesses grow and deliver exceptional service:
- simple to use and easy to deploy with managed service support
- monthly subscription offering without the hefty upfront IT expenses or costly feature upgrades associated with traditional corporate phone systems
- grows with the evolving needs of the business – scaling effortlessly from a handful of users to 2,500
- delivers integrated customer engagement capabilities for enhanced service
- helps make employees more productive and saves time for the business
- integrates easily with existing solutions
- is flexible enough to be tailored to an individual company’s needs
- can be delivered on premises or hosted in the Cloud
"With SmartUC, we bring about a cost-effective value proposition to help Singapore companies to operate more efficiently, while maintaining the fine balance to scale and grow more competitively. Through this innovative approach, we aim to partner our enterprise customers to deliver outstanding service to their businesses. We are pleased to work with an industry leader like Avaya to offer SmartUC to meet the communication needs of Singapore's enterprises.”
Sebastian Tan, Vice President, Enterprise Solutions, Services and Delivery, StarHub
“The expectations of business users and customers have rapidly evolved in recent years, and that change will only accelerate. We now expect mobility and apps and social and cloud. We expect video and chat and flexibility and ease of use. We expect the world at our click. Avaya is delighted to be working with StarHub to help businesses in Singapore deliver all of that for their own people and their customers.”
Pamela Tham, Singapore Country Leader, Avaya